Why is it important to know your personal strengths?
Main Discussion Points:
- Because everyone is unique, your strengths will differ from your classmate’s strengths.
- It’s important to be able to identify what your personal strengths and abilities are. Knowing these helps you better understand yourself and can help you make decisions that are right for you.
- Understanding yourself and your personal skills/strengths can help in making the right choices for you in school and, some day, in a career.
- Using your strengths strategically can even help you overcome areas that may be challenging for you.
- Identifying our own individual strengths and how we are different from our friends and classmates is something to be proud of!
- Please be sure to ask your child about their personal strengths acronym!